Mander Organ Builders Forum

Another new one..

AJJ

Somehow I have a feeling that nobody is going to complain about the looks of this organ ... :P

Anyway, Mr. Lynn Dobson is one of the not so many (?) organbuilders with an education in art and design. There was a gallery of his organ design sketches on the Dobson website a while ago - pity it's been taken off. One can still admire his sculptural work, though.

44 stops. That's about the size of the new Kuhn organ for RAM. It will be interesting to see the detailed stoplist of the instrument, once it's available, and compare the two. I did find the info that Paul Hale is involved in planing of this new organ. I wonder what is going to happen to the Walker organ?

Somehow I have a feeling that nobody is going to complain about the looks of this organ ... :P

Anyway, Mr. Lynn Dobson is one of the not so many (?) organbuilders with an education in art and design. There was a gallery of his organ design sketches on the Dobson website a while ago - pity it's been taken off. One can still admire his sculptural work, though.

44 stops. That's about the size of the new Kuhn organ for RAM. It will be interesting to see the detailed stoplist of the instrument, once it's available, and compare the two. I did find the info that Paul Hale is involved in planing of this new organ. I wonder what is going to happen to the Walker organ?

It would be interesting to know whether they will attempt to find a home for it or simply ditch it. It's never been quite the success it should have been on paper, which is sad because other instruments of similar time (Islington e.g.) are very different.

It would be interesting to know whether they will attempt to find a home for it or simply ditch it. It's never been quite the success it should have been on paper, which is sad because other instruments of similar time (Islington e.g.) are very different.

Regarding a similar situation - this was recently relocated successfully to be replaced by one of our host's latest instruments recently. Perhaps the Walker might do similar.

A

Hello,

Anyway, Mr. Lynn Dobson is one of the not so many (?) organbuilders with an education in art and design. There was a gallery of his organ design sketches on the Dobson website a while ago - pity it's been taken off.

there is a site named Drawings & Projects at the Dobson website.

Cheers

tiratutti

Hi,

thanks for that! Now it was me who hadn't scrolled down far enough ... :blink: Some really nice designs here, don't you agree?

M

Including one for Holy Trinity, Coventry

A