Mander Organ Builders Forum

Bach's Contrapunctus 14

DouglasCorr

It's a little while since we have talked about Bach and numerology in these postings. I have just come across this intriguing thesis on how the Unfinished Contrapunctus can be solved using clues in the numerology.... I don't want to say more in case I spoil your excitement in reading how to do it..!!!

Take a break from practicing and put your feet up for a gripping read... :P

(PS takes a little while to download)

It's a little while since we have talked about Bach and numerology in these postings. I have just come across this intriguing thesis on how the Unfinished Contrapunctus can be solved using clues in the numerology.... I don't want to say more in case I spoil your excitement in reading how to do it..!!!

Take a break from practicing and put your feet up for a gripping read... :P

(PS takes a little while to download)

=========================================

I can see the Mander Discussion Board making it to the "Pseuds Corner" of "Private Eye" if we start discussing this.

As a counter to it, perhaps the following link will explain something theological, to which Bach would almost certainly have conformed:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/bach/bachatozn.shtml

I shall read the rest of Harry Potter instead......far deeper! :P

MM

I have just come across this intriguing thesis ...

Just what I feared when reading about Lehman. The doodle dam broken, once and for all.

Good thing Bach didn't have a telephone or at least did not pass on his notepad to the next generation!

Or was it a good thing? Maybe if he had passed it on, we now knew for sure just when he confessed to Leonardo da Vinci that all his works were actually written by Anna Magdalena, including those from his first marriage and before. Knowing this, we of course can imagine that he had lots of time at his hands to encode her masterworks. I don't know, however, how she reacted when she found her beautiful stretto cut from the AoF!

Tief ist der Brunnen der Vergangenheit.

Best,

Friedrich

Well there is no harm in enjoying ones own ignorance. ;)

=================================

Enjoy?

Surely you mean wallow?

Ignorance is a kind of bliss; you should know this.

What do I know of French baroque music?

Nothing much. That's why I go quiet whenever the subject comes up on the board

Do I play Dupre or Vierne?

Well, I learned the Noel Variations once upon a time and almost nothing else beyond the "Berceuse"

I am HAPPY. :)

MM

Just what I feared when reading about Lehman. The doodle dam broken, once and for all.

Good thing Bach didn't have a telephone or at least did not pass on his notepad to the next generation!

Or was it a good thing? Maybe if he had passed it on, we now knew for sure just when he confessed to Leonardo da Vinci that all his works were actually written by Anna Magdalena, including those from his first marriage and before. Knowing this, we of course can imagine that he had lots of time at his hands to encode her masterworks. I don't know, however, how she reacted when she found her beautiful stretto cut from the AoF!

Tief ist der Brunnen der Vergangenheit.

Best,

Friedrich

==============================

That's the problem with being self-taught; you need a ghost writer. :)

MM