Mander Organ Builders Forum

Motette CDs

John Robinson

Does anyone know how I can get hold of organ CDs issued on this label? I have searched the internet, and can find only a couple of sites (Motette's own, and Klais organs) which sell the CD I am looking for. Unfortunately, I do not think either site (in Germany) will accept credit card payment, and I cannot find any seller in the UK. I believe that at one time Priory Records supplied Motette CDs, but there is no sign of that on their current site.

Does anyone know how I can get hold of organ CDs issued on this label? I have searched the internet, and can find only a couple of sites (Motette's own, and Klais organs) which sell the CD I am looking for. Unfortunately, I do not think either site (in Germany) will accept credit card payment, and I cannot find any seller in the UK. I believe that at one time Priory Records supplied Motette CDs, but there is no sign of that on their current site.

Try Presto Classical. They certainly have some Motette CDs in their catalogue.

When once I wanted an obscure CD that didn't seem to be available from online shops I went to my local HMV and asked if they would order it for me. It took some effort to find a staff member who knew where the catalogues of classical CDs were hidden but it was ordered and arrived within a few days.

Try Presto Classical. They certainly have some Motette CDs in their catalogue.

I too have been trying to get Motette CD's. I also saw that presto classical had them advertised on their website. However I still have a cd from Presto Classic on order from a month ago so I'm now looking for alternatives. I might cancel and go on the American site http://www.organsociety.org/ as they stock Motette CD's and could prove more reliable.

Thank you all for your help. None of these companies seem to stock what I want:

http://www.klais.de/m.php?art=276

Dear John,

this is quite peculiar, since the CD is a very recent one. You may find it here on amazon.de. Please contact me privately in case you do not succeed there.

BTW, smashing CD.

Best,

Friedrich

Dear John,

this is quite peculiar, since the CD is a very recent one. You may find it here on amazon.de. Please contact me privately in case you do not succeed there.

BTW, smashing CD.

Best,

Friedrich

Thanks Friedrich

I have e-mailed Klais, as I do not understand their terms and conditions (in German), to ask whether they will accept an order with payment by credit card. If they don't, I'll get back to you.

Do you happen to know whether Amazon.de accept credit cards from the UK?

I have been doing some more searching for this CD and eventually found one copy only (!) on Amazon UK. Although it needs to be imported from a seller in Austria, the cost is £18.28 and the postage is only £1.26, so I have ordered it.

That's cheaper than the price from Klais (26 Eur). Also, I have had a reply from them saying that I may only pay by 'wire transfer' for which, I believe, my bank would charge me a lot.

Good old Amazon!

Thanks for your help everyone.

I'm glad you succeeded ordering the CD!

Let us know what you think of it, eventually. It's the first one with Klais's new west-end Tubas on it (for the BWV 29 Sinfonia, arranged neither by Guilmant nor by Dupré).

Best,

Friedrich

Let us know what you think of it, eventually. It's the first one with Klais's new west-end Tubas on it (for the BWV 29 Sinfonia, arranged neither by Guilmant nor by Dupré).

Best,

Friedrich

I certainly shall.

Actually, I believe the west-end tubas feature briefly in the last track of the CD of Vierne, Widor and Langlais masses, unless I am mistaken.

What I would really like to know is which of these tubas is which. I understand that one is brighter in tone than the other, but I don't know which.

Best,

Friedrich

Well, Friedrich, it's arrived and I think it's fantastic! Not a single duff track on it: they are all well worth listening to.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that you (I presume it is you) have written a large and very informative section on the composer! Thank you!

Well, Friedrich, it's arrived and I think it's fantastic! Not a single duff track on it: they are all well worth listening to.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that you (I presume it is you) have written a large and very informative section on the composer! Thank you!

:)

Well, thank YOU – was fun to write, and I like Motette' presentation of the booklet. I found Winfried Bönig's own written remarks on the musical realisation highly interesting, considering the extreme organ situation he has in Cologne.

Best,

Friedrich