Mander Organ Builders Forum

Observations on the New Format

Justadad

Hmm, not too impressed.

Everything feels too spread out, fonts too large. (Subjectively, it feels as though it is shouting at me, or seems like reading a book for toddlers.)

The previous incarnation felt reasonably concise.

Whilst I too am grateful for Mander Organs' continued support of this very useful board, I must agree. I much prefer the look of the former board.

I realise that new things need some time to get used to, and no doubt we shall - but my preference was for the dignified and comprehensive layout of the old board.

Most of the changes seem a distinct improvement (teething troubles aside) - and thanks to the people at Manders for doing all this. One feature I can't find is the ability to see when topics were last updated and just pick up what is new rather than scrolling through stuff one has already read. Is there an option that I've missed?

Thanks

MGP

see that control minus will have the desired effect for those who find the font too large

And Control+zero put it back to normal size. Alternatively, if your mouse has a scroll wheel, Control+Scroll wheel up/down will let you adjust font size in many programmes.

Guest Geoff McMahon

Paging forum member "PJB" - you have opted to have the "daily new topics digest" The Organ and its Music automatically e-mailed to you by the forum software but it looks as if the e-mail address you have in your profile is no longer working. So the notification has bounced back. Please e-mail me with your current e-mail address if you want me to change this in your profile. Thanks.

Rachel

rachel@longitude0.co.uk

It took me a while to find it... look for "view new content" (or something like that) top right under the Mander Organ banner on the first page.

Steve

Thanks - very helpful. Though this doesnt do quite the same as the direct link to the latest post in a thread did.

I am beginning to get used to the new format now - and actually I think I like it. What I am sure of, is that it represents a lot of hard work on the part of John Mander and his colleagues - for which I am most grateful.

Oh, and whilst it may be a little early to wish anyone a Happy Christmas (since it is still Advent), nevertheless I would like to wish John, his team and my fellow contributors a very blessed and peaceful compliments of the season.

And no, I have not yet started drinking....

Guest Geoff McMahon

I did try to make the forum aware of Mander Organs' excellent work at the Sacred Heart, Wimbledon, and urging people to come and hear that magnificent instrument in one of the forthcoming recitals, but said post never appeared... I'm afraid I can't remember which address I used, but all now seems to be working. Thanks must go to you and Mr Mander for maintaining this forum - it's been most informative and amusing just to read.

Thanks - still finding my way around the "control panel" of the updated forum.

The Portfolio part of the Mander Organs web site will be updated soon with an entry for the Sacred Heart Wimbledon.

Rachel