Mander Organ Builders Forum

Least Musical Stop

Vox Humana

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But part of the R&D remains as an east-end Choir Organ, built by Boggis in 2001. The Collins is at the west end.

Vox Humana may already know that in fact the R & D was their rebuild of a Hele ;)

I have just looked at the Mancroft organs on NPOR? and we can get back on topic by asking two questions:

1) What use was the Dulciana Quint 5.1/3 on the Hele / R&D; and

2) There has been discussion elsewhere (Worcester Cathedral) regarding use of the Tuba in chorus. The Hele/R&D (not uniquely) had the

Tuba duplexed on the Great. Was this to make it easier to add the Tuba to the chorus without having to couple the choir/solo?

Edit - sorry; NPOR link is somehow wrong and I can't seem to edit it (how do you do that?)

Hi

For obvious reasons, the only people that can make changes on NPOR pages are the authorised editors - it's done via another URL and is password protected. If you find anything you think is wrong, send an e-mail to the office and one of us will try and sort it out.

Every Blessing

Tony

Further to previous message, you obviously can't link to the NPOR search page....(? Tony?)

Correct links as follows: Boggis

Hele/R&D

Collins

Hi

Why would you want to link to the search page? It's easy enough to link to individual surveys, etc - just paste the URL.

NOTE - some old links from other sites to NPOR may not now work correctly, as the server has recently been moved and the "emma.cam" server will be going off line at some time soon - last time I tried, it was redirecting to our new URL which is www.npor.org.uk

Every Blessing

Tony

Guest Echo Gamba
Hi

For obvious reasons, the only people that can make changes on NPOR pages are the authorised editors - it's done via another URL and is password protected. If you find anything you think is wrong, send an e-mail to the office and one of us will try and sort it out.

Every Blessing

Tony

Oh God, I've done it again and used ambiguous wording. Let's try again:-

What I meant to say was, I tried to link to the search results page on NPOR to save having to put a link to all 3 surveys, but the link I put in my original posting would not display the results.

When I tried to edit my post and put in the correct links to each survey, it kept reverting to the original link to the results page. What I should have explained more fully was that I wanted to know how to edit a link in a posting here. Despite evidence to the contrary I am not such an idiot as to think I could go into the NPOR and edit that.

I must choose my words more carefully in future, or just keep quiet!!

Guest Echo Gamba
No, you're not an idiot - far from it. If you have put a hyperlink in your post you can edit it in the normal way by clicking the "edit" button below your post and then amending the link between the hyperlink tags.

For some reason, the first time I did it, the hyperlink was still connecting to the "wrong" page when I tried it after the "edit". I have re-posted the individual links to the 3 organs concerned (see above somewhere)

Guest Echo Gamba
Hi

Why would you want to link to the search page? It's easy enough to link to individual surveys, etc - just paste the URL.

NOTE - some old links from other sites to NPOR may not now work correctly, as the server has recently been moved and the "emma.cam" server will be going off line at some time soon - last time I tried, it was redirecting to our new URL which is www.npor.org.uk

Every Blessing

Tony

Bad choice of words again, sorry - I meant search results page - to save having to post individual hyperlinks. I was in a hurry.

Guest Patrick Coleman

What I meant to say was, I tried to link to the search results page on NPOR to save having to put a link to all 3 surveys, but the link I put in my original posting would not display the results.

When I tried to edit my post and put in the correct links to each survey, it kept reverting to the original link to the results page. What I should have explained more fully was that I wanted to know how to edit a link in a posting here. Despite evidence to the contrary I am not such an idiot as to think I could go into the NPOR and edit that.

Your wording was perfectly clear first time.

Hi

Since the NPOR surveys are themselves linked (or at least will be if I or my colleaugues have done our job properly) why not just link to the first with a note in your post here to follow through the NPOR links?

I don't know whay a link to the search results page was a problem - but then I've never had cause to try it! I had enough trouble yesterday trying to get a web link from an NPOR page to an external website to not only work but also look reasonable.

Every Blessing

Tony

Guest Echo Gamba
Hi

Since the NPOR surveys are themselves linked (or at least will be if I or my colleaugues have done our job properly) why not just link to the first with a note in your post here to follow through the NPOR links?

I don't know whay a link to the search results page was a problem - but then I've never had cause to try it! I had enough trouble yesterday trying to get a web link from an NPOR page to an external website to not only work but also look reasonable.

Every Blessing

Tony

If you try to follow my link to "Mancroft Organs on NPOR" you get an NPOR page saying "This script needs a function" When I tried to amend the link to link to an actual survey, it would not "overwrite" this one for some reason.