Mander Organ Builders Forum

Reger from Keble

Nick Bennett

Hmm ... not as easy as that is it? Select "Classical" then you'll find Max Reger's Chorale Fantasia on "Ein' Feste Burg" played by Leonard Sanderman on the new Tickell at Keble as part of a live broadcast of Choral Evensong. It's available for another three weeks.

That's one very fine sounding organ.

At last, an organ scholar who doesn't play all French repertoire; for which, I presume, we must thank the Netherlands.

MM

Isn't it just?

Perhaps his father introduced him to some non-French repertoire.

Isn't it just?

Perhaps his father introduced him to some non-French repertoire.

=========================

Dick Sanderman is a very fine organist of course, but more importantly, the French repertoire doesn't come across too well on many Netherlands instruments; with a few notable exceptions.

The music of Reger is often heard there as a consequence, but you still need to catch a plane to hear it unless you like to swim marathons or own a yacht.

MM.

Hmm ... not as easy as that is it? Select "Classical" then you'll find Max Reger's Chorale Fantasia on "Ein' Feste Burg" played by Leonard Sanderman on the new Tickell at Keble as part of a live broadcast of Choral Evensong. It's available for another three weeks.

... "Not available in your area" ... Grrrr!

M

Indeed, most impressive. Good to hear a new Oxford organ with b***s: I can't think of (m)any other organs in the University that could do justice to the Mighty Max.

JS

Indeed the player and organ were on fine form - the trouble is - I am really not good with Reger I'm afraid!

A