Mander Organ Builders Forum

Prince Albert`s Organ

Bryn Clinch

This little instrument is situated in St. Margaret`s Church, Hucking, Kent, a tiny village approximately midway between Maidstone and Sittingbourne and is a bit `off the beaten track`. The organ is in need of restoration and if provenance can be established, funding for the project would probably be that much easier. I would be extremely grateful if any member of the Forum has any additional knowledge of this organ regarding the original and subsequent builders and also of its history, as there is reason to believe that at sometime it may have been installed in a church{s) other than Buckingham Palace, Chipping Campden and Hucking - possibly Chipping Norton.

http://www.npor.org....ec_index=D04261

Items missing from the NPOR survey:-

Flute 4ft : Open Diapason 8ft : Principal 4ft : Lieblich Gedact 8ft : Dulciana 8ft : Pedal Coupler

No pedal pipes

Pedals: Low C - High F

Blowing: Electric Lever Swell Pedal

000_0090477x640.jpg

This little instrument is situated in St. Margaret`s Church, Hucking, Kent, a tiny village approximately midway between Maidstone and Sittingbourne and is a bit `off the beaten track`. The organ is in need of restoration and if provenance can be established, funding for the project would probably be that much easier. I would be extremely grateful if any member of the Forum has any additional knowledge of this organ regarding the original and subsequent builders and also of its history, as there is reason to believe that at sometime it may have been installed in a church{s) other than Buckingham Palace, Chipping Campden and Hucking - possibly Chipping Norton.

http://www.npor.org....ec_index=D04261

Items missing from the NPOR survey:-

Flute 4ft : Open Diapason 8ft : Principal 4ft : Lieblich Gedact 8ft : Dulciana 8ft : Pedal Coupler

No pedal pipes

Pedals: Low C - High F

Blowing: Electric Lever Swell Pedal

Hi

Please let NPOR know of the discrepancies - photographs of the stops, etc are useful as well.

The organ's known history is on NPOR - although sorting out all the various "royal" organs is far from easy - they were mainly small instruments, and often moved between various palaces at sundry times! I've had to deal with NPOR updates for some of them!

Every Blessing

Tony

Thanks for your reply, Tony! I found it quite difficult to sort out the `Royal` organs and this one in particular. I have informed the NPOR and sent photos of keyboard, stops and pedals, but I think it may be a while before the entry is updated. I was told the name of the builder who installed the organ at Hucking but I cannot now remember his name but I do remember thinking at the time that the name was very familiar but not one of the larger companies - I must put my thinking cap on. I am hoping that he may be a Forum member and reply to my post but perhaps I`m clutching at straws.

Hi

Please let NPOR know of the discrepancies - photographs of the stops, etc are useful as well.

The organ's known history is on NPOR - although sorting out all the various "royal" organs is far from easy - they were mainly small instruments, and often moved between various palaces at sundry times! I've had to deal with NPOR updates for some of them!

Every Blessing

Tony

I took the liberty of forwarding the original post to NPOR yesterday.