Mander Organ Builders Forum

Yves Castagnet Messe Salve Regina

blanni

Hello everyone,

Appreciate this is a long shot but does anyone know how I can get hold of a score of this?? The Sanctus with its crazy toccata accompaniment in the grand orgue part is something to behold......

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Hello everyone,

Appreciate this is a long shot but does anyone know how I can get hold of a score of this?? The Sanctus with its crazy toccata accompaniment in the grand orgue part is something to behold......

Thanks in advance,

Nick

You may contact him on his facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/yves.castagnet.1

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently received the CD of this, on the Hortus label. Also includes Poulenc's Litanies a la Vierge Noire and a Salve Regina by O.Latry "pour orgue et voix". Excellent recording; look it up on Amazon, although it's cheaper on one of their "other sellers" for some reason.

I also got the CD - the Casagnet is a marvellous piece - some good singing also. Also includes some Poulenc and Olivier Latry improvising. If you are a Notre Dame fan load this onto your iPod, pres start, sit back and enjoy!

A

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, it was the CD that got me thinking about getting hold of the score.....I have the Latry Salve Regina score as it has recently been published by Editions Billaudot....Plan to do it soon as a stand-alone liturgy as am blessed with a vicar who has a very fine voice and can sing the chant before each movement. I don't think I could inflict all 23 mins of the piece on the congregation at the end of the communion though :) ...

You can also take some of the movements out of context and use rather successfully as interludes during a service.

NB