Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organ SOS

pcnd5584

I hope that it is in order to post this here.

My colleague has just contacted me to say that an electronic organ he is due to play next week for a big funeral has partly broken. The mains light comes on, but no sound comes out of the speakers. The churchwarden is an electrician, so all obvious possibilities have been exhausted. The company concerned (I do not know which) cannot send anyone until next Tuesday - and when told of the problem, said that they could not guarantee to fix it.

Does anyone have any practical knowledge or experience (or knows of someone who does), and who could travel to Boscombe (Dorset) in the next few days, please?

My colleague does not know the make of the electronic organ, I am afraid.

Neither do I know what (if any) form of remuneration is on offer for anyone willing to help. Sorry - I have no connection with this church.

If anyone has any suggestions, please contact me by PM. I may then be able to enquire regarding some kind of fee.

Thank you.

pcnd5584

I hope that it is in order to post this here.

My colleague has just contacted me to say that an electronic organ he is due to play next week for a big funeral has partly broken. The mains light comes on, but no sound comes out of the speakers. The churchwarden is an electrician, so all obvious possibilities have been exhausted. The company concerned (I do not know which) cannot send anyone until next Tuesday - and when told of the problem, said that they could not guarantee to fix it.

Does anyone have any practical knowledge or experience (or knows of someone who does), and who could travel to Boscombe (Dorset) in the next few days, please?

My colleague does not know the make of the electronic organ, I am afraid.

Neither do I know what (if any) form of remuneration is on offer for anyone willing to help. Sorry - I have no connection with this church.

If anyone has any suggestions, please contact me by PM. I may then be able to enquire regarding some kind of fee.

Thank you.

pcnd5584

My suggestion is that someone (perhaps the church warden) might open the thing up and check if all the cables are seated correctly as well as all the various other bits and pieces like soundcards etc. If the console is functioning correctly the amplifier may be knackered. It may well have a headphone socket or some other sort of line out - worth seeing if any sound is coming from this outlet.

Best I can do at a distance without knowing anything about the machine!

• 2 weeks later...