Mander Organ Builders Forum

Alan Gray Organ Sonatas

Guest Hector5

Guest Hector5

Does anyone know who publishes the Organ Sonatas of Alan Gray - or alternatively, does anyone have the means by which they can let me have a copy?

Paul

Henderson's Directory of Composers for Organ mentions Four Superior Sonatas (G, A flat, E, C) 1890 Novello.

It refers to "numerous organ pieces" - many of these are listed, published (by various firms) and unpublished, this is the only title including "Sonata".

RAC

David Patrick / Fitzjohn Music publishes Sonata nr 1 in G major - which is a fine sonata with a very attractive second movement. The others are out of print. Some years ago John Kitchen recorded the Sonata in Ab and if you were able to contact him (in Eddinburgh I recall) he may well be able to put you in the right direction. I have access to both so perhaps...

Sonata No. 1 is dedicated to Stanford and is published by me at Fitzjohn Music Publications. I also plan to publish the other three Sonatas before too long as and when time allows. Fitzjohn Music Publications website is www.impulse-music.co.uk/fitzjohnmusic.htm

DKP

David Patrick / Fitzjohn Music publishes Sonata nr 1 in G major - which is a fine sonata with a very attractive second movement. The others are out of print. Some years ago John Kitchen recorded the Sonata in Ab and if you were able to contact him (in Eddinburgh I recall) he may well be able to put you in the right direction. I have access to both so perhaps...

John Kitchen is playing Alan Gray's Sonata No. 2 in A flat this Saturday evening in Edinburgh - 7.30pm at Reid Memorial Church. Details at http://www.edinburghorganists.org/Documents/ESO%20recital%20diary.pdf