Mander Organ Builders Forum

Happy Easter

Philip

A very Happy Easter to everyone on the message board, and I trust your celebration of the resurrection has been suitably joyful and your Easter services have gone well (if indeed you have any!).

I have once again thoroughly enjoyed the journey through Holy Week culminating in a wonderfully festive Eucharist this morning with a full church. The Solo Trumpet and Zimbelstern saw plenty of use! I finished with the Lanquetuit Toccata, my first go at it; I actually found it slightly easier than I expected to learn (although quite physically tiring after the fourth play through in a row!), mostly because of the repeating patterns - a great piece, at any rate.

Just Evensong to go now...

(Late) Easter greetings to you too, Philip (and all other contributors, of course). Our Easter services went exceptionally smoothly. Finished with Cochereau Sortie on 'Haec Dies' on Easter Sunday - everything else was pretty much similar to last year. I have the score to the Lanquetuit but have never mustered up the strength to learn it - one for a rainy day, perhaps...

VA