Mander Organ Builders Forum

Appointments 2

sbarber49

1 hour ago, Christopher Allsop said:

There's a very nice job indeed available at Worcester Cathedral from September...

Application pack attached below.

Worcester Cathedral Assistant Director of Music recruitment pack.pdf

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... and it's gladdened the end of a long teaching Friday to see that the job spec. also asks for

An ability to play the organ with flare...... (sic); we can all think of instruments that may deserve just that, but surely not Mr Tickell's?

This link also springs to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI37T3vA7fM

The May/June 2018 issue of Choir & Organ magazine says that "Matthew Owens (Organist & Master of the Choristers, Wells Cathedral) has been made a Prebendary (Canon) of Wells Cathedral by the Bishop of Bath and Wells, in recognition of 'outstanding service to the Church in the Diocese and particularly to the Cathedral'.

Dave

I'm presuming that Christopher Allsop is moving on to pastures new from Worcester Cathedral? Anybody know where yet?

He'll be very much missed, the choir speak very highly of him. He's also a very underrated organist and hopefully we'll get to hear more of his playing in the future to show off his talents. 

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I'm presuming that Christopher Allsop is moving on to pastures new from Worcester Cathedral? Anybody know where yet?

He'll be very much missed, the choir speak very highly of him. He's also a very underrated organist and hopefully we'll get to hear more of his playing in the future to show off his talents. 

Worcester will still have the talents of Mr. Allsop: he isn't moving too far. Just across the College Green in fact.

http://rscmworcester.com/moving-to-pastures-new-across-college-green/

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Marc Murray said:

And David Hardie as Head of Music at Birmingham Cathedral via the cathedrals Facebook page and Twitter account.

For clarification, that's St Philip's Cathedral, not St Chad's. I only mention this because I managed to confuse myself over it.

And just seen in a tweet... Dan Mathieson, current Organ Scholar at Salisbury Cathedral is joining the music department at Radley College, and Benjamin Cunningham, OS at Westminster Abbey, is joining the music department at Winchester College. Nicholas, above, Dan and Ben are all former Organ Scholars of Worcester College, Oxford. 

• 4 weeks later...

Jeremy Lloyd, currently Assisting Organist at York Minster, to succeed Claire Innes-Hopkins as Assistant DoM and Sub-Organist at Rochester from September.