Mander Organs
sbarber49

Appointments 2

Congratulations to Belfast on securing Matthew, and best wishes to Matthew as he takes up the post.  Matthew's wife is a local girl, so he knows the place well - as a previous Organist & Master of the Choristers at St. Anne's, I have very fond memories of Belfast and Northern Ireland, and the rejuvenation and enthusiastic development of activities at the Cathedral (following a traumatic period under a previous Dean - the present one and his predecessor have worked wonders) makes me very happy.

Benjamin Sheen from St Thomas NY to be assistant at Christ Church Cathedral Oxford.

A

5 hours ago, David Cynan Jones said:

Geoffrey Webber to step down as Precentor and Director of Music after 30 years at Gonville and Caius College in Cambridge.

Dr Webber stepped down in April. Dr Christopher Robinson was Acting Precentor for the Easter Term now finished.

I was only going on the information in the advertisement and not to get into the debate around his unfortunate departure. 

On 20/07/2019 at 21:23, wolsey said:

Dr Webber stepped down in April. Dr Christopher Robinson was Acting Precentor for the Easter Term now finished.

2 hours ago, David Cynan Jones said:

I was only going on the information in the advertisement and not to get into the debate around his unfortunate departure. 

It was not my intention to start any such debate. My point, however, is that both the advert and my message put the 'stepping down' in the past tense.