Mander Organ Builders Forum

Appointments 2

sbarber49

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I wonder what's going on in Warwick. Mr Corns' appointment to Sheffield was announced in February, with effect from June, but no signs of advertisement as yet. A long interregnum seems inevitable!

If they get on with it after Easter, a September start is viable, so only half a term really. Churches can sometimes find it harder to move swiftly, depending on their management structure and if the PCC need to agree a changed job specification.

If they get on with it after Easter, a September start is viable, so only half a term really. Churches can sometimes find it harder to move swiftly, depending on their management structure and if the PCC need to agree a changed job specification.

Ah, is half a term standard practice? It's a full term in my line of work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"In succession to Joseph McHardy (appointed Director of Music of the Chapel Royal) we seek for September 2017 (or January 2018 for the right candidate), a well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate to join a successful, collegiate department."

From a job advertisement for St Catherine's School, Surrey.

S.

Interesting. If you look at the music list for HM Chapel Royal, St. James' Palace it gives Carl Jackson as Director of Music without making it clear if he is merely *Acting* DoM.

http://www.chapelroyal.org/docs/CR%20Music%20List%20May%202017.pdf

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. If you look at the music list for HM Chapel Royal, St. James' Palace it gives Carl Jackson as Director of Music without making it clear if he is merely *Acting* DoM.

http://www.chapelroyal.org/docs/CR%20Music%20List%20May%202017.pdf

Dave

I'm not sure how you can manage to confuse the Chapel Royal, *Hampton Court* Palace (whose website you have linked) with that at St James's Palace. I remain Director of Music at Hampton Court, while Joseph McHardy becomes my counterpart at St James's Palace from September.

I'm not sure how you can manage to confuse the Chapel Royal, *Hampton Court* Palace (whose website you have linked) with that at St James's Palace. I remain Director of Music at Hampton Court, while Joseph McHardy becomes my counterpart at St James's Palace from September.

Whoops. Sorry.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Llongyfarchiadau Tom Coxhead, currently Organ Scholar at Ripon Cathedral on his appointment to the post of Assistant Organist at Brecon Cathedral.

This taken from the Brecon Cathedral Choir Facebook page

Ripon scholar Tom to be cathedral's new assistant organist

Thomas Coxhead is to become the new assistant organist at Brecon Cathedral and Christ College.

Chester-born Tom has been organ scholar at Ripon Cathedral since 2015, where he regularly accompanies the cathedral choir and assists in the running of the music department.

Dean of Brecon Cathedral, the Very Rev Dr Paul Shackerley, said: “Tom is a gifted and skilled organist and talented musical academic with significant enthusiasm and creativity. His gifts will be a positive contribution to the teams he will work with, both in Brecon Cathedral, the Diocese of Swansea and Brecon, and Christ College.

"His genuine passion, warmth and enthusiasm will be a positive contribution to the future mission and ministry of the cathedral, diocese, and Christ College. I am excited to have the opportunity to work with Tom, and assure him of my prayers and support."

Tom was head chorister in Chester's cathedral choir, and a music scholar at Abbey Gate College, Chester where he also founded chamber choir, The Octavo Consort.

In 2012, he was awarded the organ scholarship at Hatfield College, Durham in his first year, and later served as its director of music.

The cathedral's director of music designate, Stephen Power, said: "Tom's appointment marks the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in the life of the choirs and communities at the cathedral and Christ College, and I am looking forward to working with Tom as we strive to bring Brecon's glorious choral tradition to a wider audience."

His appointment was also welcomed by Emma Taylor, head of Christ College.

"This appointment further strengthens the important link between Christ College and the cathedral, and we look forward very much to the contribution Tom will make to the life of the chapel and the music department at the college," she said.