Mander Organs
Sign in to follow this  
timothyguntrip

Alec Wyton - Fanfare

Is anyone able to point me to where this might be available from? I believe it was published in an anthology by the American Guild of Organists quite some time ago, now long unavailable. There seem to be quite a few performances online, so surely it can't be that elusive? It's quite a compelling piece of music.

I confess to never having come across any of Wyton's music before. Quite a few choral items are available from Paraclete Press, but I can find little online regarding his output for organ.

Best regards

VA

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/preludes-fanfares-and-a-march-sheet-music/19165458

It's a volume entitled "Preludes, Fanfares and a March", printed in facsimile to order. Maybe the (American) publisher might let you know more? I've heard of him and some of his output, but beyond that I know nothing further.

CEP

Having managed to find the contents of the above collection, Colin - I fear the piece in question may not be contained therein.

I have pinned it down to being in the AGO 90th Anniversary Anthology of American Organ Music - the cheapest of which is on sale secondhand at just over £70! However, I do think it was published separately under the St. Cecilia Series.

Not willing to part with such money for one piece, I think it is one I shall be have to be content to be without for a while!

Many thanks

VA

Since some of the Saint Cecilia series are being reissued by Alfred Music Publishing - mostly notably the Edmundson VHH recently - I shall perhaps suggest they consider this one for reprint!

VA