Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Bartholomew-the-Great

undamaris

I was wondering if any forum members have heard anything regarding the state of affairs at St Bart's? There's no news on their website yet and Schoenstein have nothing that I can find on there's about this project. According to the December 2011 issue the hope was that the new instrument would be installed by 2014.but obviously this hasn't happened! All I've managed to glean is some conflicting reports. On one hand, the case will remain on the west gallery but with new front pipes and a positive division in the space left by the console which will be detached and mobile. The church website says the new organ will hopefully be on a new gallery in the North transept, leaving the West gallery open and the windows visible once again. It just seems odd that no more details have come forward, yet we're hearing of new organs coming over from the States and new projects from our side of the pond being proposed quite regularly now!

'Was in touch with a contact at Schoenstein a while back about this - he said that they were not going to put info. out until the client was ready and work schedules were in place etc.

A