Mander Organ Builders Forum

Nigel, Church - Lincln

AJJ

There is an opening recital on 30th September of a rebuilt/reconditined organ by Nigel Church in the RC church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in Lincoln. Does anyone on here know where this has come from or any other information please?

Thanks

A

There is an opening recital on 30th September of a rebuilt/reconditined organ by Nigel Church in the RC church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in Lincoln. Does anyone on here know where this has come from or any other information please?

Thanks

A

You sure the name of that church is correct? I ran a search on the NPOR but can't find any RC church in Lincoln with that dedication: there is one church dedicated to St. Peter and one to St. Paul but they are both given as Anglican, not RC.

Dave

You sure the name of that church is correct? I ran a search on the NPOR but can't find any RC church in Lincoln with that dedication: there is one church dedicated to St. Peter and one to St. Paul but they are both given as Anglican, not RC.

Dave

Google SS Peter and Paul in Lincoln and you will find that AJJ and the dedication are both correct - and, if you look at the Church website, you will find that, according to the last week's Parish Bulletin, they had a concert in aid of the Organ Fund.

................................. but to answer the original question!................ no joy anywhere - sorry A!

And here are some, very brief, details of the digital organ that has replaced it, temporarily, which will then be incorporated into a new hybrid instrument.

http://osclub.sedberghschool.org/blog/new-chapel-organ-progress-report/

The Nigel Church Organ going to Lincoln appears to be this one.

http://www.cumbrianorganists.org.uk/organs/sedbergh.html

I bet they are highly delighted in Lincoln!!!

Please send NPOR the details - plus those of any earlier organs. We are aware that NPOR is missing info on some RC churches (among other denominations), but are reliant on users to let us know!

Every Blessing

Tony

Thanks for all this, it is good to hear that the former Hucknall organ has found another good home. We lived in Lincoln In the mid '80s and I actually taught round the corner from this church for a while. Round about the same time I was also involved with the genesis of the Nigel Church organ at All Saints Friern Barnet and we visited Hucknall as part of our fact finding before hand. As far as I remember there was no pipe organ at St Peter & Paul when we were there.

A