Mander Organs
Sign in to follow this  
Martin Cooke

St Thomas, Fifth Avenue

Many thanks for putting up this link so quickly. It made me feel a part of this celebration.The Dobson sounded exceptional in the Wagner and Daniel Hyde deserved the audience accolade. Also nice touch to include a reference to Gerre Hancock in form of one of his improvisations ...further Daniel’s modest comments that improvisations were not yet in his music galaxy.

Busy now downloading the Celebratory Brochure!

philipmgwright

There is more to listen to now including a second superb recital, this time by Ben Sheen, the Associate Organist, and yesterday's choral services. The organ was dedicated at the morning Eucharist (Langlais). If you haven't heard Tom Winpenny's arrangement of Walton's March "The English Speaking People" do listen to Ben Sheen's performance of it. It is the opening piece in his recital - here

Thanks for sharing this. I've just listened Ben Sheen's recital. The organ is just amazing. Listening to the Healey Willan, the Tuba Mirabilis (I presume) at 49:36 is fantastic and has a real similarity in tone to the one at York Minster as heard on Francis Jackson's definitive recording of this piece.