Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organists' Review September 2017 Photo

bigwold

Both this and the photo on the front cover are of St Thomas Church, Fifth Avenue, NYC.  Funnily enough I had the issue near at hand as I'm considering compiling an index for the several decades' worth I have amassed.  There's an awful lot of highly interesting and in some cases important information which is, unfortunately, very difficult to access even in those cases where one can recall (usually vaguely) that something or other was once written about a particular subject way back in the mists of time.  I don't think OR itself offers such an index, though I might be misinformed.  If I'm correct though, it seems a great pity that so much information and, in many cases, scholarship, is so difficult to access.

• 2 months later...
On 17/06/2019 at 12:28, Colin Pykett said:

'.... Funnily enough I had the issue near at hand as I'm considering compiling an index for the several decades' worth I have amassed.  There's an awful lot of highly interesting and in some cases important information which is, unfortunately, very difficult to access even in those cases where one can recall (usually vaguely) that something or other was once written about a particular subject way back in the mists of time. ....'

Colin - if you do produce this (which, I realise, would be a somewhat monumental undertaking), I would be most interested in purchasing a copy. (One could hardly expect you to spend the time required for such a project without remuneration.) There have been many occasions when I know that I have seen a particular article, or review, but the idea of searching through thirty years' back-issues isn't that appealing, partly since many are stored in the loft of my house, and it is rather hot up there, at this time of year.