Mander Organ Builders Forum

anyone in Edinburgh....

sjf1967

Hi folks. I'm in need of a capable page-turner (possibly who is able to act as occasional registrant too) for some recording sessions in St Giles' Cathedral Edinburgh on the evenings of Feb 11 and 12 - contemporary British repertoire of some difficulty, so page-turning it can't be busked. My usual sources of help are not available on this occasion. If any forum members might be able to help, do please drop me a PM - the sessions might finish quite late as there's a lot to do in two evenings. We can of course discuss payment as required- beer, food, money, or a combination thereof. Thanks!

Stephen

I live 40 mins away. Presuming you are the Mr Farr I last heard in Westminster Cath a year or so and player on one of my favourite CDs (of Nicholson organs), I would jump at the opportunity ordinarily but for it being school holidays round here, and I have unchallengeable parental responsibilities, so I regretfully decline.

I would recommend you approach St Mary's Music School or Edinburgh Organists' Society, both of which are very active, for suggestions.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Stephen, I have listened to it and I really enjoyed it. Not entirely what I expected, but then I don't think I've heard much Macmillan other than a couple of choral items.

Not a comment on your performance at all but it did remind me to go back to a review by Marc Rochester, whose writing I have often found entertaining and illuminating, about a performance of the St Andrews' Suite. See particularly the reply from Eddie McGuire. http://drmarcsblog.marcrochester.com/2013/07/silly-endings.html?m=1