Mander Organ Builders Forum

Nice H & H Needing A New Home

Guest Lee Blick

Didn't we have this one a little while ago? Or was that elsewhere?

I know it lead to discussions about schools getting rid of their instruments......

No, I think this is the first time this instrument has appeared on ebay. Could it be http://npor.emma.cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch...ec_index=N15174?

Graham

Greetings,

An interesting instrument. I am particularly interested in the Great Double Salicional. I'm not sure how much translation is required to read into that rank from across the pond as to the keenness of the sound, but it is interesting nonetheless. My sense is that some gravity would be desireable on a Great Double, does this organ provide for that?

It's too bad that we don't acquire more of these instruments for transportation to the States, I'd like to be able to drive down the road and play a nice organ. (C:

- Nathan, whose organic loyalties must seem questionable to other Americans

Greetings,

An interesting instrument. I am particularly interested in the Great Double Salicional.  I'm not sure how much translation is required to read into that rank from across the pond as to the keenness of the sound, but it is interesting nonetheless.  My sense is that some gravity would be desireable on a Great Double, does this organ provide for that?

It's too bad that we don't acquire more of these instruments for transportation to the States, I'd like to be able to drive down the road and play a nice organ.  (C:

- Nathan, whose organic loyalties must seem questionable to other Americans

Hi

There are plenty of redundant organs around in the UK at present! And likely to be more - our local Roman Catholic Diocese have just announced plans to close about 12 churches in the Bradford district (some to be replaced with new buildings) and reduce the current 20 parishes to 10.

Every Blessing

Tony