Mander Organs
Sign in to follow this  
Christine Jose Rigby

A chance to own a very special Studio organ.

Some images and sound-samples* from this unique studio-organ, designed by and built for, internationally-acclaimed teacher, organ consultant, and recitalist, Roger Fisher. Following his retirement from professional engagements, the instrument is now offered for sale. (Guide-price: £8,000.00, with the purchaser responsible for removal.) Interested parties should contact Philip on prushforth539@gmail.com (* Pieces used in the video, in order: Elegy - Harold Darke (1888 - 1976) Méditation - Maurice Duruflé (1902 - 1986) Monologue in C - Josef Rheinberger (1839 - 1901))

The music is played by Roger.

Beautiful looking and sounding instrument, and seemingly a bargain price for someone with the space.  I particularly like the glass swell shades which I haven't seen on any other instrument.

The Grant, Degens and Bradbeer at New College, Oxford has glass swell shutters.

Paul

The brustwerk of the Rieger in Clifton Cathedral has glass doors, and the Copley organ in St Mary Magdalen in Oxford has manually operated glass shutters to the Great, and the Swell has glass shutters to the North and South sides.

And another in a small Hampshire village, Fair Oak, where the organ by George Sixsmith, a versatile instrument (of only four ranks, I think), has vertical glass swell shutters.