Mander Organ Builders Forum

Westminster Abbey Printed Music List

This is just a curiosity: Westminster Abbey publishes its service details online but does anyone have an image / pdf of their printed weekly schedule? These are usually dotted around the church or on notice boards but not published online...

Any pictures or insights welcomed!

I am sure I have accessed the music list from choralevensong.org, and, having just checked, the link there is directly to the Abbey website. In present circumstances the result is a notice that the Abbey is closed due to Coronavirus.  I don’t remember the format of the list I have seen, although you specifically mention a weekly one.  They vary considerably among the cathedrals: some only the current week, commonly the current month, but in the case of Liverpool Anglican Cathedral a whole term.  For Westminster, choralevensong.org helpfully provides daily details of services.  

Doubtless all will be revealed at Westminster when services resume.  I read to today that churches are to reopen, but initially only for private worship.

15 minutes ago, Rowland Wateridge said:

I am sure I have accessed the music list from choralevensong.org, and, having just checked, the link there is directly to the Abbey website. In present circumstances the result is a notice that the Abbey is closed due to Coronavirus.  I don’t remember the format of the list I have seen, although you specifically mention a weekly one.  They vary considerably among the cathedrals: some only the current week, commonly the current month, but in the case of Liverpool Anglican Cathedral a whole term.  For Westminster, choralevensong.org helpfully provides daily details of services.  

Doubtless all will be revealed at Westminster when services resume.  I read to today that churches are to reopen, but initially only for private worship.

Thank you for this! I believe the Abbey publish a list similar to Hereford - Sunday at the top and Sunday at the bottom with six days of the week in between. I think the list excludes organ voluntaries... presumably to save space. I’ll check out the website, thanks!

40 minutes ago, Rowland Wateridge said:

Yes correct: effective 15th June I believe.

No need to publish a list here at Bristol though: the music here has been coming from a CD released by the girls choir of Norwich and we had the same setting for several weeks. The only change this morning was the setting. I look forward to hearing the Bristol Cathedral choir once again when the new Dean is installed, if not before, later this year.

Dave