Mander Organ Builders Forum

Fela Sowande

Martin Cooke

Some of you may know of our fellow contributor's delightful recording of Fela Sowande's Pastourelle on a Wyvern organ then in Arundel Cathedral. It's a really beautiful piece and I was able to obtain a reprint service copy a few years ago. It's well worth getting hold of one. I also play K'a Mura which is the first of Two Preludes on Yoruba Sacred Melodies, published in 1945 by Novello, and I recommend this, too, if you can get a copy.

But... I would very much like to obtain a copy of No 2 - Jesu Olugbala - and I am struggling with this. Banks have not been able to help this time. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction for a Novello reprint service, or a second hand copy... or, if you're not using yours, could I possibly buy yours... or something? Many thanks, just in case!

Martin.

6 hours ago, Martin Cooke said:
6 hours ago, Martin Cooke said:

Fela Sowande's Pastourelle  ...……...…………………………......…...... It's a really beautiful piece and I was able to obtain a reprint service copy a few years ago. It's well worth getting hold of one. I also play K'a Mura which is the first of Two Preludes on Yoruba Sacred Melodies, published in 1945 by Novello, and I recommend this, too, if you can get a copy.

Can't help you, I'm afraid with Jesu Olugbala but I have found, without much difficulty, recordings of you playing both the Pastourelle and K'a Mura!

Delightful little miniatures!