Mander Organ Builders Forum

Daniel Cook's YouTube channel

Martin Cooke

The post about the Alcock Impromptu in G alludes to Daniel Cook's YouTube site, which is here. Over lockdown it has become a real treasure trove of beautifully played organ music, and if you haven't been there yet, I can't help but think many forumites would very much enjoy having a listen. He plays his Hauptwerk organ using the Salisbury sample set and it sounds magnificent. Of course, the whole thing is very educational as well - I've picked up a few fingering hints and some useful registrational ideas as well. 

Martin.

Richard McVeigh's channel has been a favourite of mine. He's been keeping very busy, doing a full recital each week on top of three hours of hymn playing every Sunday afternoon. Richard is also very engaging with his audience, talking about the pieces he's playing and other matters relating to the organ (and cats). https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkdRXZZXDmLJM6XBnUpIoog/featured

10 hours ago, Choir Man said:

Richard McVeigh's channel has been a favourite of mine. He's been keeping very busy, doing a full recital each week on top of three hours of hymn playing every Sunday afternoon. Richard is also very engaging with his audience, talking about the pieces he's playing and other matters relating to the organ (and cats). https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkdRXZZXDmLJM6XBnUpIoog/featured

Yes, I absolutely agree. I don't know if anyone caught up with Anna Lapwood's excellent Bachathon again this year, but some of the playing was astonishingly good and very interesting. Richard was superb - as were many of the others. This is all available a "Choirs of Pembroke College" Facebook page - I think there are six videos in all and there are contributions from all over the world.