Mander Organ Builders Forum

Tickell Organs

As you say, this appears to have gone unnoticed.  

The statutory first notice to be published in the London Gazette for voluntary striking Kenneth Tickell & Company Limited off the Register of Companies was dated 5th May 2020.  In the absence of any reason to the contrary the company was due to be struck off the register not less than two months from 5th May.  As yet there is no mention of a second notice that this has actually happened.  

Whatever the situation, this has been a sad day for British organbuilding.

Wolsey's post here shows the last instrument they built, in 2018:

There are more photos of it on their Facebook page which is still live.

21 hours ago, Andrew Butler said:

I haven't seen mention of the fact anywhere, but I have reason to believe that Kenneth Tickell & Co may no longer be in business...  Their website is no longer live and I found this - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04550586

I'm afraid to say that this is old news. As 'bam' has correctly said, I posted details of the firm's last organ in 2018.

That has turned out to be the last organ built by the company.  Wolsey qualified his 2018 post (not quoted by bam) by saying that it may well be the last.  The company itself still existed on 5th March this year, as I have said, at the preliminary stage of a voluntary application to strike it off the Register of Companies.  When I checked the position, both the company and the application were ‘live’.  

Clearly this is now academic, but just to make the point that the company remained in existence although seemingly inactive.

8 hours ago, Rowland Wateridge said:

That has turned out to be the last organ built by the company.  Wolsey qualified his 2018 post (not quoted by bam) by saying that it may well be the last.  The company itself still existed on 5th March this year, as I have said, at the preliminary stage of a voluntary application to strike it off the Register of Companies.  When I checked the position, both the company and the application were ‘live’.  

Clearly this is now academic, but just to make the point that the company remained in existence although seemingly inactive.

Thanks for clarifying this.

• 5 months later...