Mander Organ Builders Forum

Liverpool Cathedral Anniversary Recital 2020

DQB123

As a result of Covid restrictions and social distancing, Liverpool Cathedral's Annual Festival Evensong and 94th Anniversary Recital will take place on both Saturday 17th October and Sunday 18th October at 3.00pm., and will be played, as is customary, by Ian Tracey (Cathedral Organist). This will be his 40th Anniversary Recital and marks the completion of his 40th year as Cathedral Organist. Admission is via the EVENTBRITE website where specific tickets must be booked - all instructions appear there. Admission is £10 and is gratis to Patrons of the Organ, on production of a membership card, (as a result of all recitals being cancelled this season).
Programme

Minuee (Concierto VI Para dos Organos) - Antonio Soler/Tracey

Chaconne in d  (BWV 1004) - J.S.Bach/Goss-Custard

Fantaisie en La (Trois Pièces) - Cesar Franck

Phantasie on "Ein Feste Burg" (first performance) - Noel Rawsthorne

Humoresque (Op.101 no.7) - Antonin Dvorak/Tracey

Allegro Giocoso (Sept Pièces) - Camille Saint-Saens

Ian's recitals are always a great thrill - I am amazed that it's forty years since I heard that Ian had been appointed Organist at Liverpool!

Yes, I was pleased to be informed that the anniversary bash was still going ahead; albeit following a slightly different format.

Will be good to hear the Old Box of Wind again after such a long break.

Forty years?  well,well, doesn`t time fly when one is enjoying oneself?

Only seems like yesterday when I used to attend these performances with NR presiding and I would be standing on the shop floor about half way down the nave in the company of IT,IW, and SD waiting for the performance to start.