Mander Organ Builders Forum

CD Recommendation

Cornet IV

Many years ago when I was much younger and a good deal fitter - early sections have more pedalling than the Tour de France - I struggled to get to grips with Max Reger's "Ein Feste Burg" but was never really successful. I was able to make a passable fist of the last three pages which could sound magnificent on a large instrument. Strangely perhaps, for one who considers that the world came to an end in 1750, I regard this work as a worthy successor to you know who but equally strangely, have no recording of his Opus 27.  

I would be grateful for recommendations of good performances on suitable instruments, please. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by Cornet IV
addition

Thank you Peter,

Curiously, this performance is not available on my YouTube programme and, more pertinently since it was a CD i was wanting, I am unable to find it as a CD either. 

Remember a wonderful rendition at Selby Abbey by Fernando Germani a long time ago - wish that had been recorded.

43 minutes ago, Cornet IV said:

Thank you Peter,

Curiously, this performance is not available on my YouTube programme and, more pertinently since it was a CD i was wanting, I am unable to find it as a CD either. 

Remember a wonderful rendition at Selby Abbey by Fernando Germani a long time ago - wish that had been recorded.

I will have a look through all the DAT tapes I inherited from a David Rogers, as I know he got hold of all the original reel to reel tapes of those recordings (somehow), and if he transferred them to DAT or Minidisc, I will have them, if not, A friend in Liverpool has all the reel to reel recordings,  OR he may have returned them to the original owner. But it will be after Christmas