Mander Organ Builders Forum

Great service - special deals

Martin Cooke

I suddenly got it in my head that I should learn the Guilmant Grand Choeur in D alla Handel last weekend. I know, I know, I could have downloaded it from IMSLP - and I did but there's nothing quite like the real thing - but poking about on line I discovered Forwoods music store. I placed the order on Saturday and received the order yesterday, which, in addition to the Guilmant included a choral piece that had been printed from an archive collection. That's pretty good going, I would say. AND... and this is the nub... there is 25% discount on all Schott music until 31st January - Guilmant, Naji Hakim, Schroeder, transcriptions by Lemare & Guillou etc, though this is not just with Forwoods, I don't think - Schott celebrating 250 years. Anyway, I shall be using them again, certainly.

Nice to see that Forwoods is still going!..  When I was at school in Canterbury, I spent many hours in Forwoods, browsing LPs and music, and having chats with Mr Forwood about Hi-Fi.  I remember that the record player in the shop had a Burne-Jones pickup arm which had a pivoted head to reduce end-of-side distortion - I've never seen another.

Paul

I order quite a lot from Forwoods. In fact got a delivery from them today. Their online catalogue isn’t quite as comprehensive as some other sites, but they are always happy to order anything even if it’s not listed. Delivery service is also excellent. Usually dispatch in stock items the same day by first class post, which is incredibly handy if you need something in a hurry.