Mander Organ Builders Forum

Orgelbüchlein Project

Martin Cooke

Can anyone tell me where we have got to with publications stemming from this? I bought the first volume - Volume 4 - quite a while ago, but can find no information about subsequent volumes. The other day, I came across a video of Anna Lapwood playing a CP by Grayston Ives, but don't know if the music is available. Any intel anyone?

Like you Martin, I have been following the project.  There was to have been a competition to select the last two chorale preludes for Volume 5 in, I think, June 2017, after which Volume 5 was due to go into production. There has been no published information about this since then, so I emailed William Whitehead for an update.  I will advise on this thread when I have more news.

William has advised me that there have been a few publication and copyright technical problems which have much delayed the publication of the remaining volumes. It is likely that Volume 3 will be published later this year, with two more volumes next year.  I will advise on this thread as soon as I hear that further Volumes are published.

Many thanks, Keith. I won't say that I got huge value for money out of Volume 4, but that is more a reflection of my ability than anything else, but I remain interested as so many top level people are contributing to this really interesting project. Let's hope they can crack on soon.

3 hours ago, Keitha said:

Like you Martin, I have been following the project.  There was to have been a competition to select the last two chorale preludes for Volume 5 in, I think, June 2017, after which Volume 5 was due to go into production. There has been no published information about this since then

The competition did take place: RCO News: Orgelbüchlein competition winners announced

There's a Facebook page where you can hear lots of the compositions: The Orgelbüchlein Project | Facebook