Mander Organ Builders Forum

Sandy Edmonstone RIP

OwenTurner

Very good obit.   Can honestly say that I have not come across his name or work but he sounds to have been quite a craftsman .

Pity to have to leave at such an age but there we go.............

Anyone know if there are any recordings of the instruments he built?

He worked east side of Scotland north of Edinburgh most of the time. He majored on high quality rebuilds, relocations and tuning / maintenance. He looked after and rebuilt some significant instruments. I suspect he saved a number of historic organs from going to the skip too.

He was a member of this Board and I remember David Drinkell mentioning him, which led to some further searching here.  If you do a site search for 'Edmonstone' that will provide from one of his posts the direct link to his Profile.  His comments in both places include some reminiscences he shared with David Drinkell and details of some of the organs he worked on.

10 hours ago, DaveHarries said:

He seems to have done quite a bit of work ....................................................... but no audio recording that I know of.

NPOR says that there is a recording of the renovated Postill organ in St. Thomas of Canterbury RC Church in Arbroath.

The link is here http://www.musiclink.co.uk/isob/postill.html - but I cant get it to work. Perhaps someone more technically minded can!!