Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organ recording experiment.

undamaris

I raised this question quite  while ago, but for some reason, my profile's been relegated to "newbie" from "advanced", despite having been a member for many years (I joined in 2007!), and my earliest post seems to be in 2019, despite having made many more posts since then. My question is what is the title of the album where the organ was recorded with microphones in amongst the pipework, then the recording was played back in a more reverberant building and rerecorded with the added presence. Also, have any other forum members noticed any change in their status and loss of topics they've posted?

8 hours ago, undamaris said:

I raised this question quite  while ago, but for some reason, my profile's been relegated to "newbie" from "advanced", despite having been a member for many years (I joined in 2007!), and my earliest post seems to be in 2019, despite having made many more posts since then.

I think that happened to all of us when we were told that the Mander site was to close, and began again from scratch when the site was restored under the present ownership.

Not certain that this will work, but this was the previous thread with your comment (scroll down to 23 December 2016).

https://mander-organs-forum.invisionzone.com/topic/4157-the-royal-festival-hall-organ-what-if/#comment-71245

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2022 at 11:52, oscar_rook said:

You might be referring to 1977 Decca Phase Four LP by Leslie Pearson, recorded at All Souls, Langham Place entitled "Organ in close-up."  I think the programme was of organ popular pieces - Widor Toccata, Wachet Auf, T&F in d, Litanies etc

Yes - that would be the one.  I had the LP

• 3 weeks later...