Mander Organ Builders Forum

Help identify piece

preludefugue

On 23/02/2023 at 08:15, preludefugue said:

Can someone help me identify the piece played at the beginning of this video

Unfortunately not able, but an enquiry to Viscount will surely supply the answer.  Earlier judgements seem to me unduly harsh - but I am only hearing the sample on an iPad which is possibly an inadequate medium for assessing.

27 minutes ago, Barry Oakley said:

What has changed? When the Mander company was family-owned, blatant advertising by toaster manufacturers was not allowed and the offending posting would have been taken down.

Blatant advertising? I have nothing to do with the manufacturer. Perhaps posts with false accusations like yours should be taken down.

I wanted help identifying the piece, that is clear from the title of the thread and my original post. I have made no mention of the brand or technology used. Having exhausted options like Shazam and asking the manufacturer themselves (no reply) I thought I would post here. It is not my fault the discussion turned into a critique about the sound quality of the organ. How are people supposed to help me identify the piece if I don't link to it? It is not uncommon for organ manufacturers to release demos with organists playing famous pieces although it seems the piece here might be an improvisation judging from some of the subsequent replies.

Perhaps I should apologise for my part in inadvertently steering the discussion off-topic, without being able to answer the OP's original question.  Instead I might mention that I too linked (equally innocently) to a performance on an electronic organ of a piece that I wished to identify only a few weeks ago.  On that occasion I was fortunate to get a quick response, and can therefore hope that someone will be able to respond more usefully in due course.