Mander Organ Builders Forum

Six Interludes on Passion Hymns - William Lloyd Webber

Paul Isom

Apologies for the trawling post.  I'm look for a copy of the Six Interludes on Passion Hymns by William Lloyd Webber (published by Novello).  It seems to have fallen off the face of the planet in terms of trying to get a reprint.  The one Interlude that I would really like (Horsley) has not been included in the various Mayhew albums, and unusually for me I have reached a brick wall.  Can anyone help??

Hi Paul

I have a copy, but I don't want to part with it as I often use a couple of the items at this time of year, and sadly, my scanner is no more.  I could try & photograph the relevant pages if that's any help, or if it can wait until next week I might be able to coax some life into an old scanner/printer.

I find them useful short pieces - I've had the book for many years.

Every Blessing

Tony

10 hours ago, Tony Newnham said:

my scanner is no more.  I could try & photograph the relevant pages if that's any help, or if it can wait until next week I might be able to coax some life into an old scanner/printer.

If you have a smart phone you should be able to get a very decent scanning app for it that will produce very good quality scans,

Hi

Only a basic phone and essential tremors make that an unlikely option, but I may investigate next week (too busy before then)

If you're close enough to Rugby you could call in & photo/scan the pages yourself.

Every Blessing

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul

I dug out my old scanner and persuaded it to work.  I've scanned the whole lot (but page 7 is seperate - don't know what happened but it was missing when I checked the PDF!  If you (and anyone else who wants a copy lets me have an e-mail address I'll send you it.

It looks like it was one of the first lots of organ music I bought back in the late '60's - for the sum of 5s 6d.  How times change.

Every Blessing

Tony

Yes, thy arrived and successfully downloaded. PM of thanks sent!

We don't have a 'Sortie' at Mass during Lent, except on Laetare Sunday but they will come in very useful as little reflections between 'Stations of the Cross' on the evening of Good Friday - even if the French don't know the tunes the pieces are based on!!

I did my Grade IV 'cello when I was about 7 or 8 and played two little pieces by W S Lloyd Webber for the exam. Nearly 70 years later I can still remember them. They were beautifully crafted little pieces. As I expected the organ pieces Tony sent to me are, similarly, beautifully written.

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to thank Paul for this.  After I had seen all the comments, I searched the internet and found a 2nd hand copy which arrived within 2 days of being ordered, so I was able to use a few items before the evening Mass on Maundy Thursday (with Laetare Sunday, the only times when we have any organ solos in Lent/Passiontide). They are lovely little gems!