Mander Organ Builders Forum

Palermo - Munich, interesting organs on the route?

Martin

Very short term I have to drive this route with a car (ca. 2000 km) tomorrow and thursday and could take some time (not too much more km) to get to know a few interesting organs. Any hints? (Germany not necessary, as I'm very well informed, contributing regularly  to https://organindex.de)

Perhaps the small and unknown ones are even better to be able to get access (make fotos, perhaps play a bit).

Any hints, sites welcome

Martin

No suggestions, Martin, but you pass some interesting places:

Messina - Napoli - Roma - Firenze - Bologna - Verona (it is only 100km from Verona to Padua!!!) - Innschbruck 

Have a  safe journey!!  

Thanks! Already drove a similiar route years ago (no organs visited). And I think I just stop by if I see a small church open, by no means this is an "organ excursion". But if I have the chance.... Besides that I think that the organ (and the players) has a hard time there, similiar to the french landside...

Already on the road, Martin

Ok, been there, done that... Tried to visit a few churches on the way, but most were closed and even a few "closed forever" what you don't see on Google maps and if they're open you'll very often find digital organs even on beautiful and/or main churches -not my piece of cake. So I focussed on other beauties on the trip:)

But I try to list these 2 or 3 on Organ index if I'll find time. One was Acquedolci, a small one in Messina and Mileta.