Mander Organ Builders Forum

Bluetooth Transmission

Guest delvin146

Guest delvin146

I have been informed from an undertaker friend of mine that at a certain crematorium in South West England has recently had their organ fitted with bluetooth transmission from the detached console.

Apparently there's been problems with mobile phones playing the organ :angry:

Is there any truth in this, I wonder. Can anyone shed any light? Surely it must be a little embarrasing for the organist should there be ring tones of a most unholy nature coming on during the prayers.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been informed from an undertaker friend of mine that at a certain crematorium in South West England has recently had their organ fitted with bluetooth transmission from the detached console.

Apparently there's been problems with mobile phones playing the organ  :(

Is there any truth in this, I wonder. Can anyone shed any light? Surely it must be a little embarrasing for the organist should there be ring tones of a most unholy nature coming on during the prayers.

It is doubtful that anything running Bluetooth would be able to pick up a cellphone call, as itruns on a radio spectrum around 2.4GHz, close to your microwave oven. Cell phones are on a very different spectrum, last time I looked it was around 900MHz. This is like an apple talking to an orange.

There could be a conflict, however, if you had a cell phone that was equipped with a bluetooth headset, and for some reason it was being picked up.

Bottom line: turn off the cellphone when in places where you should not answer a call! The worst place is theatres, both of the live and movie kind!