Mander Organ Builders Forum

Clock

Only a minor point, I know, but why is the forum clock (see RH side of page at the very bottom) STILL one hour behind? We 'sprang forward' in March.

This is a little confusing when I visit the site each day. I have to remember the time on the previous day when I last visited - minus one hour - when I want to pick up from where I left off. With my ageing mind, this is not as easy as you might think!

John

Only a minor point, I know, but why is the forum clock (see RH side of page at the very bottom) STILL one hour behind?  We 'sprang forward' in March.
The forum software appears to be capable of handling time correctly (you can select your timezone, and whether summer time is in effect, and these make the expected changes). However, it would also appear that the server's time is an hour out...
This is a little confusing when I visit the site each day.  I have to remember the time on the previous day when I last visited - minus one hour - when I want to pick up from where I left off.
No you don't. Just click "View New Posts" and you get the threads that have changed since your last visit. Then click the little red box in front of the thread title and it takes you to the first unread post in the thread. It's a little odd that it gives you a few extra threads whose latest message is a little earlier, but these have no red box to click, so there's no confusion. Finally, if there are no new messages it slightly alarmingly gives an error message instead of just saying so.

Paul

The forum software appears to be capable of handling time correctly (you can select your timezone, and whether summer time is in effect, and these make the expected changes).  However, it would also appear that the server's time is an hour out...

No you don't.  Just click "View New Posts" and you get the threads that have changed since your last visit.  Then click the little red box in front of the thread title and it takes you to the first unread post in the thread.  It's a little odd that it gives you a few extra threads whose latest message is a little earlier, but these have no red box to click, so there's no confusion.  Finally, if there are no new messages it slightly alarmingly gives an error message instead of just saying so.

Paul

Yes. Quite correct on both counts. However, I often don't bother to log in when I just want to keep up to date. Obviously, to post/reply I have to. I must not be lazy... I must not be lazy... I must not be lazy.

Thanks

John