Mander Organ Builders Forum

Remote Places

DaveHarries

Hi all.

What is the most remote place on this planet that you have wanted to go to, or which you have ever been to?

I wouldn't mind a chance to go to a certain island 950km West of Oslo, 600km North of Iceland and it is called Jan Mayen which is a territory of Norway. Currently has a scientific station but visits are possible to the public for 34,900 Norway Kroner this year (about £3070).

Check the website for the island and you might see why I would go there as it looks great if desolate. But would you want to go to a place as remote as this?

Dave

What is the most remote place on this planet that you have wanted to go to, or which you have ever been to?

St David's in Pembrokeshire seemed a pretty remote place to get to in order to hear the rebuilt cathedral organ there. Kyleakin on the Isle of Sky seemed pretty remote too as I watched the bus I had just missed head off into the hills. Wick right up at the top of Scotland, though, would seem to take the biscuit. It's the sort of country up there where if, as happened to me, the train driver forgets to stop at a station, he can just slam on the brakes and reverse back up the line, confident in the knowledge that the next train isn't due for more than 12 hours.