Mander Organ Builders Forum

Difficult To Find Sheet Music

owenryder

I'm trying to locate a copy of Alexandre Guilmant's Grand Choeur in G, Opus 84. I've heard several recordings and would like to add it to my repertoire, but haven't had any success in tracking it down in music shops or on the internet. Does any one have a copy or know where I could get it?

Many thanks,

Owen

I'm trying to locate a copy of Alexandre Guilmant's Grand Choeur in G, Opus 84. I've heard several recordings and would like to add it to my repertoire, but haven't had any success in tracking it down in music shops or on the internet. Does any one have a copy or know where I could get it?

Many thanks,

Owen

Most of the slightly off the beaten track music that I have tried to get over the years have been found either by Allegro Music who are now in the wilds of Herefordshire or the Organ Historical Society in the USA. Both have excellent websites and can be found by a quick Google. The other thing I have done on occasions s to write to the performers on CDs etc. and sometimes copies have even been forthcoming - one very kind Belgian recitalist was a great help and likewise the composer of a piece I wanted sent a copy from Canada.

AJJ

Bodensee Music Versand

Many thanks,

Owen

Allegro are pretty good, as are Bodensee Musik Versand, who I have used occasionally.

You might also concider trying your local library. Mine (an outpost of the Bradford library system) has been excellent at finding obscure works published overseas. But you do have to be patient - it can take months.

Many thanks,

Owen

Hi

You could also try Roger Molyneaux (see advert in Organists' Review, etc.) - and I think that Margaret Phillips - English Organ School - took the stock of the late Charles Macdonald's shop in Steyning - and that was a vast amount of music!

Every Blessing

Tony

Guest Barry Oakley
Hi

You could also try Roger Molyneaux (see advert in Organists' Review, etc.) - and I think that Margaret Phillips - English Organ School - took the stock of the late Charles Macdonald's shop in Steyning - and that was a vast amount of music!

Every Blessing

Tony

This is Roger's website http://www.organmusic.org.uk/ from which you can download a catalogue in PDF.