Mander Organ Builders Forum

New Electric Action Systems

david_forde

The classic examples are priests forgetting to switch off the mike when taking confessions.

A good friend of mine, and former "boss", was in the habit of going out to greet the bride and asking "Now, are you absolutely certain this is what you want to do right now?". I remember at least 3 occasions where the mic was left on, and I could see the groom's stress level rise many millibars.

Fortunately he didn't do that to me on my wedding day. He did, however, ask Rosie if she was going to take me to be her wife, as well as trying to get most of the actual marriage bit in the wrong order, and crying most of the way through the rest of the service. All in all, we got off quite lightly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barry Oakley
On similar lines... and totally true.

A husband and wife Vicar and Deacon were just about to take a service. Husband comes back into the vestry throws his radio mic saying 'It isn't working'.

He turns to his wife and puts his hand inside her cassock alb to take her microphone. In fun she said' 'Vicar take your hands off your Deacon's boobs'.

At that piojnt the organ struck up and off they had to go to take the service.

They wwre met by a wide eyed congregation. That microphone was working!!

David W

I actually know of a Catholic bishop who forgot to switch his clip-on mic off and who immediately after Mass went for a pee. The PA system was not switched off either.