Mander Organ Builders Forum

William Hill

Guest Roffensis

Hmmm....

:(

Probably an irrelevant story but a fond memory nonetheless - my school used to have exchange visits with a Russian school. On their first visit, they piled off the coach and, before so much as unpacking their bags, all trooped down to the car dealer in the village to buy all the Lada-sized windscreen wiper blades they could find - couldn't get them for love nor money at home, apparently. Neither could anyone else in our village for a few weeks. We were all allocated pen-friends and by far the most enthusiastically received Christmas gifts were the wiper blades.

Probably an irrelevant story but a fond memory nonetheless - my school used to have exchange visits with a Russian school.  On their first visit, they piled off the coach and, before so much as unpacking their bags, all trooped down to the car dealer in the village to buy all the Lada-sized windscreen wiper blades they could find - couldn't get them for love nor money at home, apparently.  Neither could anyone else in our village for a few weeks.  We were all allocated pen-friends and by far the most enthusiastically received Christmas gifts were the wiper blades.

So, is the rain in Russia more acidic than the rain in the UK - or do they do something else with them....?

:(

Indeed - I could already have spent the equivalent of the national debt on books. I just wish someone would translate the Lade book on the organ of Nôtre-Dame into English....

There were a couple (?) of weighty articles about the ND organ in Organits' Review at about the time it was last worked on - 'can't remember who by but it covered everything in some detail. Paul Hale would know.

AJJ

There were a couple (?) of weighty articles about the ND organ in Organits' Review at about the time it was last worked on - 'can't remember who by but it covered everything in some detail. Paul Hale would know.

AJJ

I cannot remember the name - but I do recall that it sounded as if it belonged to an Italian Catholic priest.

The articles covered most of the details - the present booklet on the organ gives a few further details.

I cannot remember the name - but I do recall that it sounded as if it belonged to an Italian Catholic priest.

The articles covered most of the details - the present booklet on the organ gives a few  further details.

I think he comes from Australia!

AJJ