Mander Organ Builders Forum

Does Anyone Know The Churches & Organs?

Just out of interest does anyone know the Churches with the Organs used in the film 'Four Weddings & Funeral' ? I know the one Church was St Bartholomews in smithfield with its rather raucous Organ. But what was the chapel with that magnificent Case organ facade in the background of for the Funeral would be interested to know if the organ is any good ? Also I gather there was a Church used in Norfolk but I don't know which one ? I still cant stop laughing and wedding no . 2 when Roland really plays that drunken Vicar so well. Met a few of those in my time ha ha ha.

Just out of interest does anyone know the Churches with the Organs used in the film 'Four Weddings & Funeral' ?  I know the one Church was St Bartholomews  in smithfield with its rather raucous Organ.  But what was the chapel with that magnificent Case organ facade in the background of for the Funeral would be interested to know if the organ is any good ?  Also I gather there was a Church used in Norfolk but I don't know which one ?  I still cant stop laughing and wedding no . 2 when Roland really plays that drunken Vicar so well.  Met a few of those in my time  ha ha ha.

I quite like Smithfield...

I'm sure Grosvenor Chapel made a cameo somewhere in one film or another - can't remember if it was that one (might have been Love Actually, come to think of it).

Just out of interest does anyone know the Churches with the Organs used in the film 'Four Weddings & Funeral' ?

Here we go then:

Wedding No.1 - (Angus & Laura) St. Michael's, Betchworth, Surrey

Wedding No.2 - (Bernard & Lydia) Royal Naval College chapel, Greenwich

Wedding No.3 - (Carrie & "the Stiff in the Skirt"!) Chapel at Albury Park, Nr. Guildford.

Gareth's funeral - St. Clement, West Thurrock, Essex. A redundant church restored by Proctor & Gamble whose plant overshaddows it.

(Non) Wedding No.4 - St. Bartholomew the Great, Smithfield.

It's amazing what you can find when you search the web for long enough.....!

Here we go then:

Wedding No.1 - (Angus & Laura) St. Michael's, Betchworth, Surrey

Wedding No.2 - (Bernard & Lydia) Royal Naval College chapel, Greenwich

Wedding No.3 - (Carrie & "the Stiff in the Skirt"!) Chapel at Albury Park, Nr. Guildford.

Gareth's funeral - St. Clement, West Thurrock, Essex. A redundant church restored by Proctor & Gamble whose plant overshaddows it.

(Non) Wedding No.4 - St. Bartholomew the Great, Smithfield.

It's amazing what you can find when you search the web for long enough.....!

Your a Diamond Stephen.  Many thanks.  Actually I did have a good search but must admit I find looking for things on the net a horrendous experience.  So thanks again.

You're very welcome Ronald. It's the sort fo thing that keeps me off the streets, or - more importantly - away from organ consoles!