Mander Organ Builders Forum

Search Help Please

pcnd5584

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
Too late - you signed a post in the RCO thread.  And I find you've neglected your blog since May...

Paul

Oh yes, and we all saw it.

Fame at last, Sean - too late for modesty!

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
And not a bad website either. As for those infamous chamades - well, as you say, they are bright and brash, but they don't spit or shriek.  :lol:

I enjoyed the site - plenty of interest and amusement. If anyone's trying to find it, it's called Organanoraks. Main page wouldn't load for me so I can't put a URL here.

How do you get to hear these chamades, Jeremy.

I'm planning to buy the CD, but is there a quicker way - short of motoring down to Wimborne?

As in: the calorific value of the external gaseous ambience is sufficiently attenuated to engender destructive refrigeration in the spherical appendages of a non ferrous metal simian?

Apologies, but I'm exceedingly bored this afternoon.

Exactly, Vox. In cold weather, the metal of the trays contracted, sending the brass monkeys crashing on to the toes of Roger the cabin-boy.

Oh yes, and we all saw it.

Fame at last, Sean - too late for modesty!

Ah.

This is probably going to sound stupid - but I had this forlorn hope that no-one would notice it, save he for whom the post was intended....

My hopes were raised when MM failed to allude to it when he quoted the post in question.

Oh well! So much for that idea.

I enjoyed the site - plenty of interest and amusement. If anyone's trying to find it, it's called Organanoraks. Main page wouldn't load for me so I can't put a URL here.

Thank you for your comments, Paul.

http://organanoraks.com/

(I hope that I am doing the right thing, here....)

How do you get to hear these chamades, Jeremy.

I'm planning to buy the CD, but is there a quicker way - short of motoring down to Wimborne?

Probably not - but you are welcome to come and see the organ ...

... and buy a copy of the CD!

Thank you, Jeremy!

Yes - how did you get to hear those chamades? I cannot recall putting any excerpts from my CD on the site....

;)

Earlier this year I purchased Martin Schellenberg's CD on Griffin Records. So that is how I have heard those infamous chamades. If I can find enough readies under the sofa, I'll probably buy the new CD too. ;)

Do you know what Martin's doing these days? When I was at Clifton College Preparatory School in 1982-3, he very kindly gave me a tour and demonstration of the J W Walker organ at Bristol Cathedral.

Have I missed something here? Spill the beans, M. Cochereau. What's on it? What label? When is it due?

Oh sorry - did I not mention it?

Well, you can obtain a copy from me, or from the Minster bookstall at present.

Details are on my website:

http://organanoraks.com/pcndcd1.html

Thank you for your enquiry, Vox.

Do you know what Martin's doing these days? When I was at Clifton College Preparatory School in 1982-3, he very kindly gave me a tour and demonstration of the J W Walker organ at Bristol Cathedral.

Working in Worcester, at a prepratory school. I am still not sure whether he is director of music, or the assistant - it seems to depend on whom I ask.

They have, I believe, sold their house in Iford and moved to Worcester.

The Minster organ sounds totally different on the new CD. Different microphones, different registrations - oh, and a different tuner, too (!)

;)