Mander Organ Builders Forum

Thankyou To Manders' Staff!

Guest Cynic

I am sure that that option is in here somewhere (I see a "text color" button, the underlined A in the composition screen) but perhaps it won't work until we have also upgraded the PHP to 4.3.0 or higher (I am going to request that tomorrow).

Webmaster

Mander Organs

Ah, so it is. Silly me! Easier to use too!

The new forum looks good! When you re-instate the branding, could you leave out that background image? Sometimes less is more... especially so with website page design.

I disagree! I liked that background image.

I have to say that I much preferred the previous graphics, design and layout - I found it much clearer.

However, I know that we are all different.

No panic!

We shall reconstitute it in Belgium :lol::lol::lol:

Pierre

This could be difficult. From what I hear, the pipe-work which is not to be re-utilised has been dispersed. In addition, the soundboards, building-frame and many other components have almost certainly ended up in a skip somewhere.

Sic transit gloria....

Certainly fine by me if the background image returns - but may I make a plea for it to be 'fixed' rather than scroll with the content? I think it would minimise any distraction.

Guest Geoff McMahon

Apologies for the break in service between about 11:00 and 13:30 today - it was an ISP problem, not a problem with this IPB forum.

Thank you very much to those who alerted us to the problem.

Webmaster, Mander Organs

I am sure I speak for many others when I say that this (unintentional) break has reminded me forcibly what a wonderful forum this is - even if it is only a 'virtual life' airing potentially pointless and petty questions with largely unknown 'virtual friends' for some of us!!

A sincere thankyou to all on Manders' staff for getting us 'back on' and for maintaining such a valuable service; lots of us now know where we would be without you!

Can I add my thanks to Manders' people for getting us up and running again. Thanks

Peter