Mander Organ Builders Forum

Look Before You Leap!

Guest Paul Isom

Guest Paul Isom

How many of us have written posts, critiques of services we have been at, and come rushing home full of bile to write, what we thought was a witty piece. I'm afraid that I am guilty of that, and of course wrote a description of our Christingle service - full of fury etc. Needless to say, it was over the top, and in doing this have managed to offend members of my church who look at this site. Needless to say, I regret this very much, and despite appearances really enjoy playing at the church, even if I don't agree with everything that is said and done (but who does!).

In this season of goodwill, perhaps it might be a good idea to consider what we write - especially after a bad day at church or the office.

Compliments of the season to you all!

Paul Isom

Completely agree 100% - it is just like writing a letter of complaint, and always sleeping on it before re-writing and mailing the following day. Very good advice indeed. I marginally regret comments I made about a previous vicar I worked with here on the Mander board.........mind you, I only regret it a little bit!!!!!

How many of us have written posts, critiques of services we have been at, and come rushing home full of bile to write, what we thought was a witty piece.

==============================

I can't imagine what you mean.

:blink:

On the other hand....publish and be damned!

:P

MM

Dear Paul

I am sure that your refined congregation will appreciate that having you bemoan 'Colours of Day' and denims is an insignificant price to pay for your expertise and experience. Otherwise, probably they don't deserve you and certainly you don't deserve them.

Best wishes

Justadad

How many of us have written posts, critiques of services we have been at, and come rushing home full of bile to write, what we thought was a witty piece. I'm afraid that I am guilty of that, and of course wrote a description of our Christingle service - full of fury etc. Needless to say, it was over the top, and in doing this have managed to offend members of my church who look at this site. Needless to say, I regret this very much, and despite appearances really enjoy playing at the church, even if I don't agree with everything that is said and done (but who does!).

In this season of goodwill, perhaps it might be a good idea to consider what we write - especially after a bad day at church or the office.

Compliments of the season to you all!

An exceptional man, who happens to be both a friend and a C of E priest, once counselled me to write an angry letter and then put it in a drawer!

I guess that's what the delete button is for. On this board there should be a General Cancel.

Michael