Mander Organ Builders Forum

Contract Signed

Westgate Morris

Hi Folks: The contract was just signed this week and now what do I do? Capable volunteers under the very close, watchful eye of the organ builder have finished installing the transplanted cases and façade just in time for Christmas (saved us a bit off the price). I have provided weekly updates in the bulletin and kept the congregation informed of the changes taking place. We will not hear a note until mid 2007. What did you do in a similar situation? Take the time to plan music for the busy installation period when everything will be upside down for a few weeks? Sign up the recitalists? Plan the party?

This is a big deal for our little parish. There has been a bit of negativism on the part of those that think replacing the aged electronic would be just fine. The pipe organ supporters are rather reserved – they are Anglicans!- and just biding there time. They know the end result will be an amazing thing for our church.

So, type up some stories and share your experiences.

Thanks.

WM

Hi Folks: The contract was just signed this week and now what do I do? Capable volunteers under the very close, watchful eye of the organ builder have finished installing the transplanted cases and façade just in time for Christmas (saved us a bit off the price). I have provided weekly updates in the bulletin and kept the congregation informed of the changes taking place. We will not hear a note until mid 2007. What did you do in a similar situation? Take the time to plan music for the busy installation period when everything will be upside down for a few weeks? Sign up the recitalists? Plan the party?

This is a big deal for our little parish. There has been a bit of negativism on the part of those that think replacing the aged electronic would be just fine. The pipe organ supporters are rather reserved – they are Anglicans!- and just biding there time. They know the end result will be an amazing thing for our church.

So, type up some stories and share your experiences.

Thanks.

WM

What about a bit of website and some on going photos - Barry Jordan did it at his cathedral in Germany, so did Marlborough and (more village size) Twyford. I am sure readers here would also like to know what you are up to.

AJJ

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
What about a bit of website and some on going photos - Barry Jordan did it at his cathedral in Germany, so did Marlborough and (more village size) Twyford. I am sure readers here would also like to know what you are up to.

AJJ

Good idea.