Mander Organ Builders Forum

Hoffrichter At Sw Cre

DHM

I trust I will not be offending our hosts by announcing that Hoffrichter Organs will be exhibiting at the South West Christian Resources Exhibition in Exeter next week.

You will find us - hopefully with a new portable 3-manual console specifically designed for use with Hauptwerk software - on Stand P60 at the Westpoint Centre in Clyst St Mary (on the A3052, one mile east of the M5, Junction 30).

Visitors will have the opportunity to "virtually" play the 1907 II/30 Brindley & Foster in St Anne's Moseley; the 1843/1986 II/23 Stiehr-Mockers in Romanswiller (Alsace); and the 1928 III/58 EM Skinner in Our Lady of Mt Carmel, Chicago.

Admission is free. Book online at www.creonline.co.uk.

Opening hours are 10:00am-5:00pm on Thurs/Fri 25th/26th, and 10:00am-4:30pm on Sat 27th.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Douglas Henn-Macrae

Hoffrichter Organs UK

I trust I will not be offending our hosts by announcing that Hoffrichter Organs will be exhibiting at the South West Christian Resources Exhibition in Exeter next week.

You will find us - hopefully with a new portable 3-manual console specifically designed for use with Hauptwerk software - on Stand P60 at the Westpoint Centre in Clyst St Mary (on the A3052, one mile east of the M5, Junction 30).

Visitors will have the opportunity to "virtually" play the 1907 II/30 Brindley & Foster in St Anne's Moseley; the 1843/1986 II/23 Stiehr-Mockers in Romanswiller (Alsace); and the 1928 III/58 EM Skinner in Our Lady of Mt Carmel, Chicago.

Admission is free. Book online at www.creonline.co.uk.

Opening hours are 10:00am-5:00pm on Thurs/Fri 25th/26th, and 10:00am-4:30pm on Sat 27th.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Douglas Henn-Macrae

Hoffrichter Organs UK

Hi

Hope it goes well - the number of organ companies exhibiting at CRE has declined significantly in recent years. The IBO did put in an appearance one year - but that was a long time ago.

Is there a web site for Hoffrichter Organs? It's not a name I've come across.

Every Blessing

Tony

Look here.

You could also look here: www.hoffrichter-organs.co.uk.

Tony - if you would like more info, or to arrange a demo in your area, please contact me off-list.

Douglas.

PS - If the postman does his job on time, there will be two more organs available to try out:

the 1686/1720 II/25 Bosch-Schnitger in Vollenhove (Holland), and the 1877 II/21 Cavaillé-Coll in Mainz (Germany).

PS - If the postman does his job on time, there will be two more organs available to try out:

the 1686/1720 II/25 Bosch-Schnitger in Vollenhove (Holland), and the 1877 II/21 Cavaillé-Coll in Mainz (Germany).

PPS: Yet more mouth-watering goodies on their way for your delectation (postman permitting!):

1654 2-stop Positiv in Griebenow (unknown German builder);

1731 II/20 Silbermann - Reinhardtsgrimma

and the piece de resistance - the 1854/1880 III/47 Ducroquet-Cavaille-Coll in the Cathedral of Aix-en-Provence.

I should add that all of these include blower and action noise and the acoustic of the building.

If you are within reach of Exeter next week, come and see what HAUPTWERK is all about.

@ VH: Shouldn't be too much of a problem, so long as it isn't fff all day!

I will also be bringing some pro studio-monitor headphones (the ones recommended by Prof Helmut Maier - response down to 15Hz!). I played the big D-C-C with these cans at Frankfurt, and it was stunning.

@ David Coram: Regrettably, probably not - Wednesday is build-up day and I doubt the public would be admitted (and we wouldn't be there until probably mid-late afternoon anyway).

If I come, how much noise am I going to be allowed to make? :mellow:

Hi

At previous CRE shows, most of the organ companies have hired demonstration rooms - far from ideal acoustics, but at least you can turn up the volume a bit without driving exhibitors on neigbouring stands to distraction! (I used to man an exhibition stand at CRE for the organistation I worked for at the time - the year we had a company demonstrating the "Quasi Modo Digital Bell System" (that's a genuine product name!) on a stand opposite was far from pleasant - the thing was set to ring the quarters and chime the hour - and until a number of us complained to the organisers, was loud enough to be heard throught the hall, even when it was busy.)

I don't know if Douglas has done that - headphones are a fair alternative, given the situation and the impossibility of making more than a preliminary assessment at these exhibitions.

Every Blessing

Tony

Hi

At previous CRE shows, most of the organ companies have hired demonstration rooms - far from ideal acoustics, but at least you can turn up the volume a bit without driving exhibitors on neigbouring stands to distraction! (I used to man an exhibition stand at CRE for the organistation I worked for at the time - the year we had a company demonstrating the "Quasi Modo Digital Bell System" (that's a genuine product name!) on a stand opposite was far from pleasant - the thing was set to ring the quarters and chime the hour - and until a number of us complained to the organisers, was loud enough to be heard throught the hall, even when it was busy.)

I don't know if Douglas has done that - headphones are a fair alternative, given the situation and the impossibility of making more than a preliminary assessment at these exhibitions.

Every Blessing

Tony

I did think (but only very briefly) about a demo room - they did offer us one.

But with limited staff (the wife and me) and only two instruments it seemed more sensible to stay on the stand and be visible.

Guest Lee Blick
@ VH: Shouldn't be too much of a problem, so long as it isn't fff all day!

I will also be bringing some pro studio-monitor headphones (the ones recommended by Prof Helmut Maier - response down to 15Hz!). I played the big D-C-C with these cans at Frankfurt, and it was stunning.

@ David Coram: Regrettably, probably not - Wednesday is build-up day and I doubt the public would be admitted (and we wouldn't be there until probably mid-late afternoon anyway).

Please could you tell me the manufacturer of those headphones, I have been looking for a good pair to use with my organ for ages :unsure:

Please could you tell me the manufacturer of those headphones, I have been looking for a good pair to use with my organ for ages :unsure:

They are the AKG K-240 as recommended until recently by Prof Helmut Maier of OrganArt Media (creator of some of the best Hauptwerk sample sets). I say "until recently" because they have been discontinued. I managed to find a pair at www.dolphinmusic.co.uk. Frequency response is down to 15Hz.

I did think (but only very briefly) about a demo room - they did offer us one.

But with limited staff (the wife and me) and only two instruments it seemed more sensible to stay on the stand and be visible.

Hi

Good point - Allen took tha opposite view at last year's Northern CRE, and the stand was often empty. I wonder if their enquiry rate suffered.

Incidentally, from experience, don't be too discouraged if you don't get a vast amount of interest - exhibitors at CRE often say that they get enquiries a coule of years down the line.

If I was closer, I would offer to come & help on the stand.

Every Blessing

Tony

Guest Lee Blick
They are the AKG K-240 as recommended until recently by Prof Helmut Maier of OrganArt Media (creator of some of the best Hauptwerk sample sets). I say "until recently" because they have been discontinued. I managed to find a pair at www.dolphinmusic.co.uk. Frequency response is down to 15Hz.

Thanks!

Hi

Good point - Allen took tha opposite view at last year's Northern CRE, and the stand was often empty. I wonder if their enquiry rate suffered.

Incidentally, from experience, don't be too discouraged if you don't get a vast amount of interest - exhibitors at CRE often say that they get enquiries a coule of years down the line.

If I was closer, I would offer to come & help on the stand.

Every Blessing

Tony

A kind thought, and much appreciated - thanks, Tony.

It would seem that, apart from the local Viscount dealer, we are the only organ company represented.

Few, if any, organ companies even go to the main CRE in Esher nowadays.

At least we are offering something new and unique.

It will be interesting to see what reaction we get (can't wait to see VH's face when he gets his hands - and feet - on the big Cavaille-Coll!).

A kind thought, and much appreciated - thanks, Tony.

It would seem that, apart from the local Viscount dealer, we are the only organ company represented.

Few, if any, organ companies even go to the main CRE in Esher nowadays.

At least we are offering something new and unique.

It will be interesting to see what reaction we get (can't wait to see VH's face when he gets his hands - and feet - on the big Cavaille-Coll!).

Hi

Wish I could get there.

Hope it goes well.

Every Blessing

Tony