Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Peter And Paul - Weimar

Justadad

http://www.sauerorgelbau.de/2264.pdf

Lawrence has an invitation to play here in the summer.

All hint's tips and advice greatfully received, as ever.

Barry

My only advice (since I don't know the organ) would be to ensure that Lawrence has a sound knowledge of strtaight flat pedal boards, since I am assuming this organ to be one with such. There are plenty around, but if you are near Cardiff come to my church if you wish. A fairly well-known organist - I shan't name names - found his feet on the wrong pedal a number of times especially in the upper part of the pedal board the first time he played it!

Peter

http://www.sauerorgelbau.de/2264.pdf

Lawrence has an invitation to play here in the summer.

All hint's tips and advice greatfully received, as ever.

Barry

My recollection - albeit from 1984 - is of a big instrument with electro-pneumatic action and detached console half-way down the gallery on the south side of the church. It had the usual stop tablets and standard BDO parallel but concave pedalboard. The Chamade was something of a novelty in GDR times, added at the request of the distinguished organist Johannes Köhler I'm not sure what changes Sauer made in the most recent rebuild, but I doubt if they were all that radical. Maybe Barry Jordan knows more.

JS

Later - profuse apologies. I missed the vital words "mechanische Tontraktur" in the Sauer prospectus. Their work in 200 was obviously much more extensive than I thought.

JS

My recollection - albeit from 1984 - is of a big instrument with electro-pneumatic action and detached console half-way down the gallery on the south side of the church. It had the usual stop tablets and standard BDO parallel but concave pedalboard. The Chamade was something of a novelty in GDR times, added at the request of the distinguished organist Johannes Köhler I'm not sure what changes Sauer made in the most recent rebuild, but I doubt if they were all that radical. Maybe Barry Jordan knows more.

JS

Later - profuse apologies. I missed the vital words "mechanische Tontraktur" in the Sauer prospectus. Their work in 200 was obviously much more extensive than I thought.

JS

It's a totally new organ. Sauers have had quite a battle to survive but I have done a few projects with them and think very highly of them. I don't know the Weimar organ though, I'm afraid.

Cheers

B