• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zimbelstern

Zimbelstern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

I'm very keen to buy the book "Mystic Modern: The Music, Thought, and Legacy of Charles Tournemire"  (Church Music Association of America 2014), but it is not available in the UK, and in spite of Brexit it is extraordinarily expensive and complicated to carry out the simple transaction of buying a book from the USA. It's available from Amazon US or the publisher, but shipping time is around two months and costs £20, which on principle I'm not prepared to pay. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum is visiting the States in the near future and could buy this book for me. In return, I'd be happy to donate the £20 to the Organists Charitable Trust, with Gift Aid added in. This seems to be be the only book of any substance about this extremely important composer. 

#2 Colin Pykett

Colin Pykett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

I've just done a quick check with Abebooks, a firm I use fairly frequently in situations like this, and they do it for USD 25.35 + USD 3.99 for shipping to the UK.  Maybe worth a closer investigation to make sure I didn't miss something in the small print or whatever?

CEP

"You can never know everything about something. But you can always know something about everything" - Amit Kumar

www.pykett.org.uk

#3 Zimbelstern

Zimbelstern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:25 AM

Brilliant! Thank you so much! I've already ordered it from Abebooks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users