Mander Organ Builders Forum

Sverre EftestØl

AJJ

I have seen this name crop up on a few occasions recently (Christopher Herrick plays his music on a number of CDs) but have never heard any of his music. All I know about him is that he is contemporary Norwegian. What is it like - style etc.?

AJJ

I have seen this name crop up on a few occasions recently (Christopher Herrick plays his music on a number of CDs) but have never heard any of his music. All I know about him is that he is contemporary Norwegian. What is it like - style etc.?

AJJ

I've got the CD which has his 'Dance to your Daddy' on it- an original and quirky take on that folk song- remember 'When the Boat comes in'? From memory, fluty descending arpeggios and the melody treated with rhythmic elasticity. An attractive and entertaining miniature, slightly reminiscent of the Derek Bourgeois 'Serenade'.

I've got the CD which has his 'Dance to your Daddy' on it- an original and quirky take on that folk song- remember 'When the Boat comes in'? From memory, fluty descending arpeggios and the melody treated with rhythmic elasticity. An attractive and entertaining miniature, slightly reminiscent of the Derek Bourgeois 'Serenade'.

Thanks.

A